Sunday, July 26, 2009

Aaron and Sevrie's camping trip



Aaron took Sevrie camping yesterday with our friends down the street. Mark took his twins, Heidi and Evan. Sevrie happens to be best friends with Heidi. They have SO much fun together and I feel fortunate to have them live so close.

They camped at Caswell State park in Ripon. They played in the river during the day and roasted marshmellows at night. At the river, Sevrie made quite the spectacle. She got stung by a bee. When Sevrie hurts herself, she lets the whole world know. I guess people were coming up to them asking if they could help. I can just imagine it now. I think Aaron was a little embarressed. Oh Sevrie!

All the kids were EXAUSTED!!!!! Aaron said Sevrie's eyes were practically closing at 7pm! Sevrie had a night terror . She sometimes gets them if she doesn't nap and she's had a long and hard day. When Aaron went in the tent to console her, his flash light freaked her out and made matters worse. Heidi was able to sleep though it but I guess Evan woke up. Poor little guy was probably freaked out.

I know they all had a great time. I look forward to when we can all go as a family. But for now, I think it's good for our girls to have one on one time with us.














2 comments:

Grammy A said...

It looks like they had a GREAT time! I agree that kids need some one-on-one with mom or dad. Before I saw what you wrote, I was wondering what that BIG red spot on her leg was... a bee sting? Crazy! I know all too well how Sevrie is with pain, but she almost looks like she has a smile! Cute girl! XOXOXO

mom said...

I am so happy that aaron and Sevrie got to also spend that time together, I know that Aaron will always remember this and sevrie will also remember these GREAT memories, Stephanie I went hunting with grandpa just us to, I loved being with my dad, just getting all of his attention, makes the little people feel really special, I am so glad that you have good friends that you all can do things together with. As for the bee sting I can only imagine how it was for Aaron the first couple of hours, Hes so good with her. Love you AAron !!!Sevrie just adores HER Daddy. She tells me He has the biggest Muscles and he is the smartest person in the world, then she said oh but Grandma, Gods smarter than daddy, But my daddys really really smart and strong. Just got to love those precious words out of a dearling child.