Every Tues. for the past couple months, Aaron's grandmother Barbara has been coming over to help. I use this time to do dishes , laundry, etc.....and I ALWAYS try and take a nap. She comes around 10:30 so we do lunch together. I make something easy like soup or we have leftovers. I love using leftovers! Not only is Barbara a help, I truly enjoy her company. It's nice having another adult to share in the chaos.
And Sevrie and Coral love when she comes over. Sevrie usually skips a nap and has "grandma and Sevrie time." Sevrie rushes me off to bed and when I wake up, she asks, "Can you go back to bed?" They color, blow bubbles outside, or play games during this time. I think Sevrie coaxes her into giving her candy and treats. Sevrie loves it!
I'm so lucky to have Barbara come over and help. I hope she realizes how much it means to me.

Grandma Barbara and Grandpa Terry with grandkids back in the day.
Aaron is down at the bottom left. He looks just like Coral.
4 comments:
Oh fun!!! And Aaron looks EXACTLY like Coral, how cute. I'm glad she comes over to help you- I can only imagine how full your hands are. I love Grandma and I think it's neat that your girls will get awesome 'Grandma McKinney' memories too.
That is so great having a helper that is also a relative and loves the kids. That is neat! Coral does resemble Aaron.
I think Barbara is a truly Wonderful Women, She is very helpful to my daughter and I appreate Her so much. Look at Her sitting. legs crossed with Sevrie.Those little granddaughters love Grandma Barbara.Thanks to you Barbara for all you do for your family.XXOO
Stacie(stehanie's momma)
It's funny that you posted this today, because I was talking to Barbara earlier today, and I thanked her for helping out my "babies." I'm lucky to have such a wonderful mother-in-law... she's a great woman. I can't wait to be back in California spending more time with Barbara, and the rest of my family!
Post a Comment