Monday, July 20, 2009

Gualala, CA

Thank you Grammy and Papa for a wonderful vacation!!!!

We just got home from a fantastic and beautiful trip to Gualala. Aaron and I have been there many times to camp. It's one of our favorite places. This time to Gualala, we went with Aaron's parents and stayed in a beach house in Sea Ranch. It was very nice and big........very accommodating for our family.

Gualala is located just along Highway 101. It's south about 30 miles or so from Mendocino. It is very beautiful there. It's nice because you can play at the beach AND hike through the forest and play, fish, or kayak in the river. There's a lot to do.

We all had a fantastic time. We went to the beach, went on hikes and played at the river. John took some pretty cool photo shots of Aaron skipping rocks at the river. We also picnicked there. Ruby had her first peach and she devoured it. She cried when it was all gone.She wanted more!!! April, John and Aaron also golfed. The course is one of the top ten scenic golf courses in California.

Back at the beach house, we enjoyed getting in the spa and eating junk. I'm sure we all gained a few pounds. Aaron got a sunburn at the beach. He fell asleep with Coral and where he forgot to put sunblock, he burned. At least he got some sleep though, huh?. Sevrie and Coral watched The Prince of Egypt 2 times. Sevrie was amazed and so inquisitive. The sunsets were very beautiful. I'm not kidding, Gualala is so breathtaking!

This pic was taken near the entrance to where Aaron and I usually camp.
Behind us is the town of Gualala.


This is where Aaron and I camp. The canopy is amazing!!!

Aaron and Coral walking through the forest, to get to the river.

Back at the beach house.

Twin time!


Highway 101...town off to the right .

The beach

My sweet Coral


Grammy and Aaron golfing.
They saw deer on the golf course too!

Hiking through the forest.
I think Coral was upset because she wasn't the trail leader anymore.

The forest was very dense with ferns and clovers.

The McKinney clan.

3 comments:

Kirsten said...

SOOOOO beautiful!! What a wonderful trip. Also, the video of Sevrie was hilarious!

The Gomes Family said...

Awesome trip, great pictures, You look great Steph!

mom said...

Stephanie I am so happy that you all had a Wonerful time. John and April are very loving parents and you are so lucky to have such great in-laws and honey I know you know this. Glad you all got away together.